In this week's Top Tip episode, Becky and Amy reflect on Alison Wood's Top Tip to add “in your opinion” to any advice you are given. She urges us to remember opinions are not facts. You get to collate opinions and decide what to do with them.
Becky and Amy reflect on:
- The importance of getting clear about your core purpose, big vision, and the steps on the journey.
- The value of strategic objectives, and your thematic goal – i.e. your number one priority right now*.
- The courage required to say yes to your core purpose and no to everything else.
- The power of trusted advisors, and how to build that trust between you.
- The risk of overwhelm when well-meaning experts are bombarding you with diverse and contradictory advice.
- Learning as a critical metric of success throughout the business lifecycle.
We enjoy the idea of experimenting with the house-rule of 'one in, one out,' to help remind us to be mindful of which advice we take on and allow to influence the direction of our business.
What's your approach to protecting yourself from the key ideas others want to introduce to your space? How do you decide which to say “yes” to, and “no” to everything else? We would love to hear your experiences and insights. Please connect with us on Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter using the links below; and subscribe to The MindStyling podcast and newsletter.
Sign up for the MindStyling Newsletter: https://mindstyling.group/sign-up/