Deborah Coughlin is the founder of Method X, an organisation that is creating scalable prevention of poor mental health for the mass market. Her mission is to democratise good mental health, and end the mental health poverty gap.
Deborah is a creative innovator and entrepreneur who often subverts the usual way we look at things. She's a creator of stories, products, communities, and business. They're all designed to empower. In addition to everything else she's done, Deborah has presented for The Guardian, BBC and Radio 4.
- Disruption and creative problem solving.
- The power and importance of talent diversity within a team.
- The value of incubators, and Deborah’s transformative Zinc incubator experience.
- Shifting from deep discomfort with money and a poverty/scarcity mindset, to raising pre-seed funding of £400,000 in the midst of the pandemic.
- Creating something out of nothing when you feel passionately it needs to exist; and the risk of building unsustainability rather than scale into the heart of a project.
- Human being as well as human doing, and how to make taking care of mental health part of your team's business routine.
- How can you be outspoken? How do you get down to your authentic voice?
Sign up for the MindStyling Newsletter: https://mindstyling.group/sign-up/
Host: Amy Armstrong
Host: Dr Becky Sage
About Method X and Deborah Coughlin