This week, Amy and Becky sit down to share stories and ponder on the challenges and wonders of finding and doing what comes from the heart. First though, we start with the complexities behind Keri's rallying cry – 'you are not your circumstances.'
We reflect that:
- Perspective and understanding of our circumstances can support us to shake off being defined by the constraints we face.
- How the question, “what's stopping you?” can throw a light on limiting beliefs and give us the choice to step beyond them.
Becky invites Amy to reflect on her career journey to find purpose, from advertising, to television, to adult education and EdTech, to her current eleven year preoccupation with 'what helps humans shine?'
Purpose can be found in many places, and there's not just one answer for each of us. It could be in one or many areas. Perhaps in:
- a sector that resonates;
- a skill set that you love;
- a hobby rather than a money-earning venture; or
- an outcome you are passionate about.
Research shows that our core motivations for work are not focused on salary, but rather the opportunities for:
- Autonomy; and
Perhaps it is this 'MAP' which can help us plot a route out of our circumstances.
Do you agree? Is this your experience? Please share your stories with us using the social media links below. Are you managing to do what comes from your heart? How have you managed to grow beyond your circumstances? What helps you shine? We would love to hear from you.
Sign up for the MindStyling Newsletter: https://mindstyling.group/sign-up/
About Keri Andriana and Amschela
Linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/company/amschela-ltd/