Samantha Woodham is an award winning family law barrister. With Harry Gates she co-founded The Divorce Surgery, which turns the traditional model of bitter adversarial legal proceedings on its head. Their unique model offers one lawyer for one couple, at a fixed fee many, many times lower than the average cost of legal proceedings.
The Divorce Surgery has won a raft of awards as a result including Winner of the Financial Times Intelligent Business award, The Lawyer Awards for Best client service innovation, Lexis Nexis Legal Awards, and Legal Innovation Awards. This year, Citywealth has made Samantha their Powerwomen Champion of the Year Gold 2021, and most recently she has won a Women in Innovation award as an entrepreneur tackling society's challenges.
- Transforming traditional narratives to remove the stigma of divorce and re-frame it in a positive light;
- High stress moments of speaking in court vs. live on BBC News and how to manage fear of public speaking;
- Maintaining your mental health in an intense, emotionally driven work environment where conflict is rife;
- The value of compartmentalization and balance for good mental health;
- The power of purpose and how it's those things which make you smile and want to get up in the morning which are what job satisfaction is all about.
Sign up for the MindStyling Newsletter: https://mindstyling.group/sign-up/
Host: Amy Armstrong
Host: Dr Becky Sage
About The Divorce Surgery